The first inhabitants of Borneo (the Dayaks) have been making fat from these Illipe nuts for many centuries, for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes. Illipe butter has long lasting, moisturising attributes and it is most renowned for its skin softening qualities. Great for making many different types of skin products this crude butter will make a truly natural base product that will be yellow in colour.
We Love It Because
- Unlike most other butters, Illipe butter has a high concentration of stearic en oleic acid, which are important for treating skin conditions, making Illipe butter quiet unique.
- It Prevents drying of the skin which leads to the development of wrinkles.
- It Reduces degeneration of skin cells and restores skin flexibility and elasticity.
- It Protects against UV-A and UV-B rays, therefore illipe is found in products promoting sun protection and relieving sunburn.
- Its skin softening and long-lasting moisturising properties help repair chronically dry and cracked skin.
- Helps against premature ageing of the skin.
- Heals sores and mouth ulcers.
- Heals dry and damaged hair.
We've Made It Like This
Containing 100% Illipe Butter (Tengkawang Fat).
The crude illipe butter which is yellow in colour is the raw product that has been formed after pressing the nuts.
We Suggest You Use It To Make
Illipe butter's chemical composition closely resembles that of cocoa or Shea butter, but with a slightly
higher melting point, yet still melts in contact with the skin, making it ideal for use in;
- Bar soaps.
- Lip and body balms.
- Creams and lotions.
- Make-up foundations.
- Face masks.
- Hair conditioners.
- Lip sticks and other stick type applications where a higher melting point is desired.
Use from 3% to 100% pure (as a butter-like balm).
How Your Purchase Helps
By purchasing this product you are helping to protect the endangered Shorea Stenoptera tree, which only grows in the forests of Borneo. Your purchase contributes directly to the livelihood and welfare of the Dayak tribes who depend deeply on these virgin rain forests, which are disappearing at an unprecedented rate. Purchasing our products allow Dayak tribes to make a living off the products they collect and sell from their forests, therefore allowing them to keep living there and to keep protecting their forests. We are extremely transparent about our manufacturing and production processes so if you would like to find out more please take a look at our video.